<VV> Finds we've found - And found us!

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Sun, 05 Dec 2004 00:01:31 -0800

At 11:39 hours 12/04/2004 -0500, Sethracer@aol.com wrote:

>Doug Hargrove and Steve Lovejoy ran Doug's prepared class autocross car.
The
>car lived on the tailer next to Doug's house in Modesto, CA. while not
>racing. One fine autocross day, the trailer was hitched up and towed to the
>Pleasanton, CA, fairgrounds parking lot, our autocross site of choice in
the  70's.
>Just before the first run at around noon, they thought they should check
the
>amount of fuel in the tank. No gauge, a stick was to be used. Upon opening
>the trunk, a really pissed off rattle snake first hissed at them, then
left  via
>the mostly cut away trunk, making a break for it. Not sure what happened to
>the snake, but it likely didn't survive it's encounter - but you should
have
>seen the autocrossers scatter. That's the story! -  Seth

At a Vair show a few years ago, I pulled a 6 foot (it was as long as I am
tall) black snake out of a ratty gold Corsa coupe that somebody had for
sale, parked on a trailer, looked as if it had been stored out behind the
barn for a year or so.   Snake was under the unmounted lower back seat
coiled up like a garden hose, dragged it out and carried it by its tail to
the wooded area across the lot, attempting to "yo-yo" the snake down so it
wouldn't chew on me, didn't work, SOB bit me three times before I could
unload him into the bushes, had blood running down to my arm.    Black
snakes have teeth like short needles.

tony..