<VV> Re: 63 & 64 powertrain interchangeability

Dan Greve dolfan_77@yahoo.com
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 14:44:47 -0800 (PST)

Garry,

Yeah, too little info I suppose.

What I wanted to do was mate a '63 tranny to a '64
standard diff, because the '64 diff I have is for a
PG.  After more inspection, I could tell a PG diff
would not work (no clutch bearing shaft, no clutch
fork ball, etc).  With all the great help from the
community, I think I can use the '63 4 spd (with the
'63 crossmember, input shaft, and input shaft seal),
'63 bellhousing , with the '64 std diff.

I'll keep ya'll updated, I'm sure I'm not the first
one to ask this question.

-- Dan