<VV> Local club, what would you do?

RoboMan91324@aol.com RoboMan91324@aol.com
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:00:16 EST

Hi Ron,

Several things ..

A.  I am sure that the local chapters vary in regard to how tight a ship they
run.  I am lucky that my chapter (CORSA West of LA) is run very well.  We
follow a meeting format but still have an entertaining time.  The people who are
involved do a great job with the logistics as well.  Your relatively local
chapter may not be run as tightly as some but may still be very worthwhile.  How
far away is it?  I suggest that you go to the next meeting and see how it
goes.  You may be pleasantly surprised even if they don't do the Paperwork.  I do
agree that someone should have at least answered your email.  By the way,
don't pipe up with your gripe in the general meeting but talk with someone about
it one-on-one.  It may be as simple as the Treasurer or the person in charge of
membership affairs may have something going on in their life at the moment.

B.  Check with CORSA to see how many members are in Maine and neighboring
areas.  It may be possible to start a new chapter in your neck of the woods.  Who
knows, you may be able to pull membership from the other chapter.  By the
way, if you decide to take this route, you may discover that it takes a lot of
work and time and maybe the chapter you joined isn't doing all that bad a job.

C.  Join both existing chapters.  A number of people around here do just
that.  Different chapters are into different things.  Some are into events like
visiting car museums and cruises while others are motor heads into rallys, etc.
If your interests include the things that more than one chapter specializes
in, you can benefit from joining multiple chapters.

D.  Have a great New Year whatever you decide.

Doc