<VV> More on bad filters

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 07:48:36 EST

     I am getting a lot of questions about my post on the bad Purolater
filters, so for those who missed the earlier posts:
     The bad ones have a gasket that fits over the outer rim of the filter
canister. It prevents the filter from sealing (and the one I had was actually
cut when it was tightened in place). The gasket (a flat O-ring design) on the
proper filter is completely inside the rim and fits up into the recess in the
engine adapter. You cannot tell which is inside the box without looking.
The Carbmeister