<VV> Turbo Carb leaking very bad!

larry@forman.net larry@forman.net
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:58:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi Michael,
I have found that you can sometimes tell if a float is leaking by drying it and sometimes you will see tell tale signs of moisture from the
gas.  Naturally, any sloshing inside it is positive indicative.  I also test every float by taking a glass of hot water and placing the
float beneath the water level and then GENTLY squeezing the float.  If there is any leak at all, you will see a bubble of air coming out.
Sometimes there will be a pin hole or a very small fracture crack in these.  The bubble test is pretty conclusive, I have found.
-- Larry

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:43:25 -0800, "Michael Cassera" wrote:

> Ted mentioned a damaged float was the cause of his problems.  Could I take the float out of that one and
> put it in the one in the car?

> Michael

Larry Forman