<VV> Reasonable Vair Dyno Time Available

Carl Axup vair1@pe.net
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 05:24:44 -0800

Hey Bob--

Your inquiry got me thinking more about the cost of Corvair Dyno evaluation
time,
and  you're right:  IT IS EXPENSIVE  !  Both in Vegas AND in La-La land.

However, my son Brian checked around and sent me the following info shown
below.

I won't see you in Vista for the Pre-spring Fling 'cause i'll be upstairs in a
suite at Pomona.
I've never seen the Winternationals from a bird's-eye view.(Warm, quiet--er,
food, etc.)

Have fun,
Carl
BA Performance
---

Dad,
The engine dyno shop is Vrbansic Bros. in Ontario, Ca.  ~$450-500/day.
You save about a day's time by fabricating a special Flywheel/Bolt/Plate
setup
 to their specs yourself before you start testing.

Also, there are lots of chassis dynos available for less than $100/hr.
including
Silverstate Motorsports in Las Vegas, NV.

Bri
---

PS.
 I know that you build large displacement Corvair engines.  Do you have access
to any
engine dyno test facility to run tests on Corvair engines?    Reason I ask is
that I want to
run a series of dyno tests to determine results of various engine mods.
There isn't a dyno
facility here in LV that can handle a Corvair engine for a reasonable price.
They want
$285 an hour which is pretty steep.   Just thought I'd ask.

Regards,
Bob