<VV> Re: [fastvair] Reasonable Vair Dyno Time Available

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <corvair@fnader.com
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:10:58 -0500

You know, even that "reasonable" dyno time is expensive!  My UK buddies swear by dyno tuning as the only
right" way to get an engine properly set up... they even use it for minor carb tweaking. There, it seems that
dynos are very common and inexpensive. Would be awesome if we had this sort of ready access for fastvair
mods and tweaks... might settle a lot of those nagging questions (like whether a center mount 4bbl adds 20%
more power while ruining throttle response... or whether it just ruins throttle response! VBG!)

Of course, this is in a country that uses a reverse chassis dyno to measure braking effectiveness on each
individual wheel as part of their annual safety inspection (MOT)! Talk about a rigid standard!

Bill Elliott