<VV> Nice Corvair Day

Tony tonyu@roava.net
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 00:05:15 -0800

At 2305 02/21/2004 -0500, Bill Hubbell wrote:
>driving them around the "back 40".  Hey, whaddya know, you really can stop a
>Powerglide by shoving it from drive into reverse.

Me, I bled brakes on the '67 coupe and stuffed a couple of new tires into
the front floor of the '60 4-door to install first chance I get.   ...if
the weather will give me a break and I'm not working at the time.  Then I
can figger how to get the other two tires on the car, next chance I get.

>get used to having my left heel fall through the floor every time I pressed
>on the gas pedal, though!

Clarks floor patch panels...  fix ya right up.

>or so on her bias belt tires.  I think Alice and Spike were running about
>80-85 mph on the way home - passing all the other cars on the road.  Dang,
>someday I'm gonna get myself in trouble driving that Corvair!!

Every time I do that in a Vair I get stopped by the cops.   You guys must
have a point man or something.

tony..