<VV> Vacuum Advances

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:06:23 -0500

Best is to test. I have one of the Mighty-Vac kits with which you're
supposed to be able to do "one-man" brake bleeding (yeah, right), and the
device is sovereign for this purpose. NOT ONLY does it provide controlled
vacuum and hold it, but it has a gauge right on it, too!
     One-man vacuum-advance testing.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Geoff Johnson
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 8:34 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Vacuum Advances

What does a #55 vacuum advance go to?  The pin hole for the #248 advance on
our 140 distributor is pretty worn, even though it works.  I have a new #55
and dont see a listing as for what it goes to.  Will it work?  How much
difference is there between the different advance units?

Thanks!
Geoff Johnson
66 Corsa   Cp
63 Monza Cp