<VV> Mechanics and Vendors

Louis C. Armer, Jr. carmerjr@mindspring.com
Fri, 02 Jul 2004 18:43:51 -0400

Hey everyone, Every Corvair mechanic and vendor I have met in my 13 year
involvement with Corvairs has had at least one thing in common with all the
others. They love the cars that they service and vend. With our numbers on
VV at 900+-, it becomes an impossible task to quickly and continually respond
to all the redundant tech questions that are posted daily along with all of
our other
banter including individuals hawking their wares on the list and mine and
others attempts
at humor and defusing potentially polarizing arguments on the list. I have
now personally
met almost all of the M's & V's, some virtually and some in person, and
their collective
knowledge is staggering. Many have gone out of their way to help publish
our technical
books while others contribute monthly to technical articles in the
Communique, host
internet web sites and chat rooms, publish their catalogues on the web and
are never
more than an e-mail or phone call away from helping you with a question, a
part or
a repair of your vehicle. They, like most of us, have to earn their livings
and contribute
to their families' well being. We should never forget that and should
especially remember
that any M & V bashing on this list hurts them and all of us as well. I
appreciate every one
of them and would like to publicly wish all our Independent M's & V's a
very Happy 4th of July.

Chuck Armer