<VV> Re: Batteries

Phil Fairman hoscale@paonline.com
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 08:15:07 -0400

I have a Delco 26-6yr in my '66 (not the 26R) I added the longer ground cable
to do this. I have run a "Battery Tender Plus" since purchase 3+ years ago. I
recently switched to a different tender after my 2nd "Tender Plus" died. I
went to the VDC unit that also "desulphates" by gently vibrating the
plates....regardless, after 3+ years the Delco still measures fine on a
battery stress tester. My car is usually driven once a week and I expected to
replace batteries more often. The Delco has been a pleasant surprise and I do
think the tenders, whatever you use, extend the life of batteries.

Cheers,
Phil Fairman
'66 Monza Coupe 110/pg