<VV> 60 Mirrors

Roy & Kay Lambrecht lambchop@wctc.net
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 07:33:53 -0500

Hi all,
I had the opportunity to buy a 60 Corvair new from the dealer in early 1960. I
ordered it from the dealer & it took about two months to get. The mirror was
on the left door, next to the vent window. It was a comfort & convenience item
where you had to pay extra for this option. If you look close, in the picture
below, you can see it on the left door. Having worked for a Chevrolet dealer
in the early 60's, I can relate to options that where installed by technicians
maybe not caring where it gets mounted. In the dealership where I worked, even
the radios where deleted on an order so that the dealer could install their
own & make money on the deal! These were the Motorola radios that were junk.
No reception or sound quality. my two cents.

Picture of 60 Corvair(Wish I looked like that Now!)
http://www.angelfire.com/co3/corvair/60corvair-1.jpg

Roy Lambrecht
64 Monza Convert

www.angelfire.com/co3/corvair