<VV> Re: 140 mileage

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 08:35:27 EDT

Mileage figures for our cars obviously depend on driving style, tire
pressures, weight, state of tune, and carburetors. I have seen 140 carbs with all
sorts of jetting configurations from 53/53 down to 50/45. I have even seen
backwards jetting where the secondaries were bigger (makes no sense with our
engines). I get about 18 mpg with a 51/49 jet set up and 3.55 gears with a 4 speed (w/
205/60 tires) in my 62 Monza wagon. I almost wish I had gone with a 3.08 or
3.27 rear end (gets loud with the turbo mufflers), but then the jack rabbit
starts would not have been possible :-).
Grant Young