<VV> Fw: '65 CDN turbo 'vert FS

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey@shaw.ca
Sun, 04 Jul 2004 00:39:38 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Shaun
To: corvairs@cybrus.net
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2004 12:31 AM
Subject: '65 CDN turbo 'vert FS

I must apologise for jumping the gun a bit and posting the ad for sale for a
club member BEFORE I'd actually seen the car myself. I'd like to clarify and
correct my earlier post. Also, I hate it when people don't say where or how
much!<G>
I just had to go out this evening to eyeball this rare beast (any excuse to
drive my Spyder cvt. will do, even a Late Model excuse).
The car has BODY # 9 but serial # 11
It does NOT have welded up holes in the front fenders, so NO Spyder emblems
ever graced them.
One strange thing is that this car has TWO holes with plugs in the trunk to
access the steering box adjuster.
It also has the two piece headlight buckets.
The only rust in the entire body is a small hole through the small panel that
supports the right rear cocktail shaker.
It has a very straight body with the exception of a small glitch near the
leading edge of the left door on the mid body line and a few door dings.
The front panel from the middle to the passenger-side headlights and trunklid
have been hit and repaired so as to be somewhat noticeable from inside.
It has CO6 (power top)
The car comes with an extra set of very good used red seats as well as a bunch
of NOS trim and other parts. The original seats are darkened and have splits
but the door panels are excellent.
The battery and an electric fuel pump had been installed in the trunk along
with the accompanying holes in the trunk floor.
The cutout for the turbo exhaust is factory but has damage to the unsupported
part. Strangely, the body tag has NO L87 on the ACC line. Usually this would
indicate a 140 car but it has the factory cutout and the turbo emblem and it
is a VERY early production car, so I don't doubt for a second it's
legitimate.
A set of new 195-70 Michelins come with the car.
It doesn't have 22,000 mi., it has 20,900.
Very little body work would make this car perfect.
The top is intact but brittle and the back window is toast.
Location is Vancouver, B.C. Price is $6000
yea, Vairily ... Shaun
p.s. On the way home I got my doors blown off by some new jelly-bean sedan
with, I think, Toyota badges on it. "Oh well", I thought, "My car looks a lot
better losing than his does beating me!".