<VV> Re: Electric die grinder

Paleofish sbuna@unm.edu
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 07:07:47 -0600 (MDT)

I have used everything from the $20 version you can get at places like
walmart to the $200 fordom grinders.  there is one thing critical making
them both as effective and that is the snake extension.  it is what makes
the tool functional.  once you get the extension,it really doesn't matter
what you get.  the rest is all featurs.  The expensive ones you can
replace the parts if something breaks internally/  Some of the more
expensive ones come with a foot pedal which is absolutley wonderful for
somethings but useless when you are using it under a car.  also when you
chose out one see what other things you can get for it.  Some of them you
can snap the grinder to drill press set up makes drilling relly tiny holes
very easy.  before you chose out what you get, concider what your son is
going to be doing with the die grinder.  But get the snake extension.  The
only die grinder I haven't used the snake with was a pnumatic one and it
is was cause the extension wouldn't fit under the microscope.

Sally