<VV> Electric Corvair Heat and Defog

Jon Gilbert jon.gilbert@adelphia.net
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 11:37:57 -0400

Has anyone on this list successfully installed electric heat in their
Corvair?  I have been thinking about this for a while.  Ideally, I would
like it to be invisible -- the same under dash lever, fan, and ducts, but
connected a well-hidden electric heater unit.

I have my engine shrouds and dampers working, but the stock system is smelly
and does a terrible job of defogging the windshield on rainy drives.  My
wife hates it too, adding additional incentive to upgrade...

Concerns:  Would I need to upgrade the battery, voltage regulator, and
alternator?  Where would I hide the box?  Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Jon Gilbert
'68 Monza Convt, 95hp, PG, Yellow/Black
Jupiter, FL