<VV> drive train removal under Finch

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:17:06 EDT

In a message dated 7/6/2004 6:20:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
microsys@alltel.net writes:
I used the Finch book last weekend to prepare to remove my drive train
for cleanup/overhaul of my 65 vert.  Well, it said to remove the rear engine
cover and engine cover.  No such parts exist according to the chevy manual.
I am presuming they meant the engine seal, all the way around.  Now for the
rear cover, perhaps they mean  the cover on the bottom that might cover up
the rear engine mount?  I found no clutch return spring and no cotter
pins in the
front engine mount nuts (wierd!).

Thanks,

Glen

Glen YES!  the Grill under the bumper...the cover over the mount / and
dislodge the perimiter seal....AND  the sheetmetal at the FRONT of the fan
shrouding...so you can get to the top bellhousing bolts!

Matt