<VV> stuck pistons

GB microsys@alltel.net
Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:25:09 -0400

I made a cylinder puller to take apart a frozen engine.  The puller
worked, and I was able to save the cylinders and rods.

Basically,  a threaded rod in some 3 inch channel spanning the width of
the cylinder fins.  Then made two arms down with a lip to catch the cylinder
where the square boss stick out at the bottom.  I had trouble with the lips
popping off when the threaded rod was real tight, so added two more
fixed 'control'
arms with bolts to press against the arms with the lips.

Real ugly tool, but now have a nice rebuilt engine from a $50 junker.

Glen