<VV> Re: Electric heat

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:38:56 -0400

> Jon Gilbert
 jon.gilbert@adelphia.net

 Subject: Re: <VV> Electric Corvair Heat and Defog
----------------------------
Smitty says:  Jon, go ahead and get yourself  a generator that is big
enough to supply electric heat for a Corvair.  I figure something along
the line of 4,000 watts ought to do it.  That shouldn't weigh more than
75 lbs or so.  Of course it won't supply near the heat that the Corvair
system does.  I figure you will need a couple of marine or deep cycle
batterys to carry you over when the generator is at idle.  Probably
another 100 lbs.  It will take quite a bit of fuel to run this rig and it
would probably be a good idea to keep engine revs at 2000 or better at
idle.  Might be able to eliminate one of the batterys if you do that.  By
the time you do all the ducting and wireing you will really have a
project to talk about with your friends.
        OR------ You could fix yourdefective engine and enjoy clean dry
heat when it gets cold.