<VV> RE: Mustang or Corvair

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:37:47 -0700

At 02:52 hours 07/06/2004 -0400, Sadek Charles H DLVA wrote:
>One of my all-time favorite bad ass cars-... standing outside the Dodge
>dealership service area where I knew the manager (where I bought my 67 440
>Charger), in comes a Hemi Satellite-black, with high rpm stall converter....
>
>Chuck S
>
>Subject: Re: <VV> RE: Mustang or Corvair
>
>At 12:17 hours 07/06/2004 -0400, mopar@jbcs2.net wrote:
>>
>>Think you could ever afford to replace that Mustang?
>>prices are going up, and what may seem to be a good sale price now you will
>>kick yourself later..........
>>Gary Swiatowy
>

>I sure as HELL wouldn't mind having my '66 Plymouth Satellite back...
>never should have sold it in the first place.
>

>tony..

It is my humble opinion that the '66 Plymouth Satellite is arguably the
very best looking Plymouth EVER.    Great lines, sleek appearance, nicely
outfitted inside, and of course it was available with the Hemi engine.

Mine (original 383 4-sp car) had a transplanted early '60s 426 Maxwedge
engine in it (fitted with 906 heads and flat top pistons to make it more
streetable) which I respected with great honor and reverence and still gets
talked about as having NOT gotten beaten by one of the other car freaks and
his big bucks glorified professionally built LS-6 454 Chevelle on
Williamson Rd that Sat night in front of God and everybody.

Never again did he ever say anything off-key about my Satellite...  which
admittedly *was* really at its best that night, usually it had carbon
sooted plugs and dual-points outta wack and the carbs were out of sync etc.
      In any event, scuttlebutt was that he was gonna blow my doors... and
he didn't.

I didn't win by much but it was enough.    I was a smug SOB for a month
after that.    It was only a couple years later that I bought that '63
Spyder and the two lived side by side for some time...  during which that
Spyder also gave a decent account of itself now and again.

...and I ended up parting with BOTH of them.    Damn...

tony..