<VV> Looking at a '65 Corsa Convertable

Cepak, Tom A tom.a.cepak@lmco.com
Tue, 06 Jul 2004 16:16:49 -0500

The first year the Super Beetle was produced was 1971 and it had the
flat windshield just like the standard beetle.  1971 was also the first
year for the Convertible.  I believe the curved windshield was
introduced in 1973.  1975 was the last year for the Super Beetle sedan
and 1979 for the Convertible.

-----Original Message-----
From: airvair [mailto:airvair@richnet.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 4:07 PM
To: Cepak, Tom A
Subject: Re: <VV> Looking at a '65 Corsa Convertable

Just an academic question. When the Super beetle was introduced, it had
a new curved windshield and front suspension, if I recall. They sold it
and the standard (old) model. Then later they downgraded it and
eliminated those features. I have always regarded the curved windshield
models to be the most desirable. What years were they built, and in
particular as convertables? Thanks.

-Mark