<VV> Mustang or Corvair (long)

AeroNed@aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 19:50:43 EDT

Kirk,

Where to start...

First off, I'm excited that you enjoy driving your Corvair more than "that
other car." I haven't seen "that other car" but I've heard that it is a very
nice example of that type of car. If that's the case you could sell it and buy a
really nice Corvair. You can then use the rest of the money to fix up your '66
vert. Seriously, one of the great things about Corvairs is their low price in
comparision to other collector cars. It seem to me that your BIG decision is
to sell or not to sell. You've had "that other car" for quite a while. Even
though you were 18 just a couple of months ago, (G) there's got to be some
emotional attachment to the car.

Now some thoughts on your current car. The body has a little rust, very
little, and the paint could use some freshing. I think the engine could use some
work to run it's best. I wouldn't mind owning it. A few trips to Terry's shop
and we can get it running good, the electric top working and the other little
bugs worked out. After it's running good, you can start to think about the body
work.

Ned