<VV> Case Halves

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 06:27:41 -0400

All

This engine was removed from a van that wasn't running, but had been running
when parked. It was a complete engine, nothing missing. It was NOT locked up
when I took it apart in 95.

Eric has built about 2 dozen engines in the last 10 years, and I have seen
most of them at shows, and some I have driven in.   Never saw one of his
rebuilds have any problems such as this.

And, As Bob Helt Mentioned, his costume, and head-dress are in the shop next
to the rubber hammer......

Now if I had put this engine together myself, anything could be possible. But
for someone who supported himself for 15 years working on virtually nothing
but Corvairs,  I would rule this possibility out.

>From what the PO told me, the engine that I dis-assembled was the original
engine in the van, and from the looks of the old pistons (cast) I was not
surprised.

Thanks for the ideas though.

HANK