<VV> Exhaust modification

larry@forman.net larry@forman.net
Wed, 07 Jul 2004 09:55:22 -1100 (SST)

Hi Grant,
You CAN use the stock 140 exhaust logs and the 110 crossover, if desired(?), by just filing the slots further apart on the exhaust collars
that the studs go through.  Or you can go the other way and use 140 exhausts and mufflers with 110 exhaust logs by filing the slots the
other way, closer together.

Larry

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:01:10 EDT, GYoungwolf@aol.com wrote:
> Just FWIW for engine swappers (or those with exhaust manifolds that don't
> match), I have discovered that with a little time and effort, and half a dozen
> Dremel heavy duty cut-off wheels, that one can modify non-140 exhaust logs to
> fit a 140 engine. Just hollow out the holes to accept the larger exhaust
> connector stacks. (This was for a 2 carb 140 conversion, and I used what was supplied
> to me, so don't bother to explain the downside :-). The caveat, however, is
> that you must also use a non-140 exhaust (as the manifold studs are farther
> apart on the larger logs)
> Grant

Larry Forman