<VV> Auxillary Heaters for your Vairs

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet@charter.net
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:03:41 -0400

I always thought you could pick up a "bunk heater" at any truck stop, as
long as she's going your way!
The Lone Haranguer

> On the subject of heaters other than the ones provided in your Corvairs,
any truck stop (TA, Petro, Pilot, etc.) has axillary heaters that have long
cords so you can place it anywhere in your car or van. The higher end units
are ceramic and have two heat settings plus just a fan setting. They plug
into your cig lighter and work great. My other vehicle is a 1997
Freightliner Classic with a bunk heater that isn't working. I made it
through last winter with the above mentioned heater and was toasty. Use a
splitter (also found at truck stops) and you can run two heaters if need be.
Just make sure you don't overload your generator/alternator. Cost for the
heater is $12-29 dollars. Hope this helps.