<VV> Anybody noticed more interest in vairs

Marc Sheridan sheridanma@adelphia.net
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:13:43 -0400

Isn't this what I have been trying to tell you guys ? :o)

Just got back from the Goodguys Nationals in Columbus, where they had over
6,000 entrants and only about 6 of those were Corvairs. My '66 Monza 'vert
needs a paint job desperately, but I saw people walk past many perfect '69
Camaros and bunches of real and fake '32 Fords to look at my ratty old
Corvair.

However, on the third and final date of the event , Dave Heerman parked his
beautiful '65 Corv8 convertible close to mine and the crowd around mine
diminished a little :o). If you have seen Dave's car, you know it is an
outrageous vehicle with dual fours on a SBC in the back seat. If you haven't
seen it recently, it now has a new black paint job with really cool flames,
plus 17" American Racing wheels. I took pictures and hope to post them to a
website soon

As for four doors, that seemed to be the new trend at this year's Goodguys.
Last couple of years it was station wagons, but we saw a lot of four door
sedans this year. Some shaved the door handles from the back doors and it
took a second look to realize it was a four door. Guess the supply of two
doors is going down and the old rust free four door that Grandma has in the
garage doesn't t look so goofy anymore :o).

And Chris, nice to hear you are taking your car to non Corvair events! Fun,
isn't it?

Marc Sheridan
'66 Monza 'vert
Goodguys member