<VV> engine rebuild

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 22:01:35 EDT

In a message dated 7/8/2004 5:54:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Bonnzz@aol.com
writes:
Greetings all,
I plan on doing a total rebuild on my LM 95 hp engine in the next couple
months.It's installed in a 64 Spyder. The engine code is RG... 65-67
automatic. I
am running the original 4 speed and differential. I wish this to be a
streetable, high performance engine. What do you all (or in Florida we say
yall)
recommend in the way of parts to get the most bang for the buck??? Also, what
do
you recommend "not" to do?? I drive this car daily and have had it up to 115
mph
on several trips through the everglades. I threw a valve seat at 110 and had
to replace the right head several months ago, so I now keep it under 100. I
want a daily driver that will have enough spunk to show those "too fast and
too
furious that a Corvair beat me" guys that old school American cars have some
guts.
I want to replace everything with new or re-conditioned parts. I would also
like to have suggestions on machine shops that can re-build my heads for high
performance.
Any and all replys are appreciated......thanks, Mark Kinnan...Lake Placid,
Fla.
Bonnzz@aol.com

Sure you don't still live in Venus???  ggg   Welcome to the group!

115  mph in an early with only a 95hp????   Why would you want more??  That's
as good as it gets here on Earth!

There are so many  "rights / wrongs"  when going for performance...especially
when you don't know...join Fastvairs at Yahoo groups.....alll the speed guys
hang out there...many with shops that specialize in Vairs...

My opinion......  freshen the 95 and keep it for a spare...runs on regular!
excellent torque.....  and build another...starting with 140hp heads....lots
of cheap engines around that need a rebuild...

Matt N.