<VV> sheetmetal question--now more than ever!

John McMahon jmac2112@adelphia.net
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 07:58:04 -0400

Thanks to everyone who told me that I need to remove (or at least loosen)
the exhaust logs in order the get those metal pieces off.  The engine is on
an ATV lift at the moment, however, so I might have to wait until I get it
back in the car.

Actually, the thought has occurred to me of taking off the transmission and
turning the engine up on the bellhousing, since then I could remove and
clean the lower sheetmetal, reseal the logs, have better access to the
pushrod tubes for resealing them, etc..  I did not drain the oil before
taking the engine down, however, and doing it on the lift might be a trick.
Do I necessarily have to drain the oil to keep from having four quarts find
their way to my garage floor?

Thanks,

John McMahon
1965 Monza coupe