<VV> Anybody noticed more interest in vairs

mark@noakes.com mark@noakes.com
Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:25:36 -0700 (PDT)

I've run peripheral to the local hot rod crowd here in the South since the early 70s.
Corvairs have never been accepted as part of the in crowd.  All the typical pony
car/muscle cars (including Novas) counted but to really qualify as a real hot rod you
needed a modified small block/big block V8 in the 300-600 hp (old style gross) range
from any of the big three.  I don't know of any Corv-8s in this area; we collected most
of the Crown parts years ago but never had the time to build up a car.

Now I notice that the Honda/Toyota/Mazda/etc boy racer crowd seem to think that the
Corvair is really cool.

Mark Noakes
66 Monza coupe
61 Lakewood