<VV> RE: Anybody noticed more interest in vairs

Mike Ioanes mioanes@woh.rr.com
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 01:00:58 -0400

Mike writes:.
> The tour broke up then and while standing and looking at the Corvairs some
> guy who was not in the tour came up with what was probably his wife.  He
> pointed at the late model and said to her "That's the car that Chevy
screwed
> up.  They should have put a water cooled front engine and rear drive in
it.
> They took a pretty car and screwed it up.  This is just a stupid car."
This
> guy was in his late 50's or early 60's and we have all met this guy at one
> time or another.
> Take care all,  Mike
Not only do I know this guy, he lives next door to me.  On seeing my 64,
"That car never should have been built."  Told him the Corvair was the only
car to have been pronounced safe by the DOT...he shut up.
Mike Ioanes