<VV> Anybody noticed more interest in vairs

mark@noakes.com mark@noakes.com
Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:23:30 -0700 (PDT)

I have no doubt that the Corvair would win shows over many/most others, the body style
is one of the best there is, and you've done exceptionally well with your car.  The area
hot rod perspective is mostly performance-oriented...how fast is it?

Since I now have my other normally aspirated V8 stuff these days, my preference with the
Corvair is to stay with the 6 and go with a turbo...mildly modified stage one, pretty
radical high tech stage 2...as I've come to even consider my modified Corvette as pretty
wimpy power wise so I struggle somewhat with the comments on this list that a stock
Corvair has adequate performance, but to each his own and none of my business what
anyone else wants to do...

Mark Noakes

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:44:42 -0400, "Louis C. Armer, Jr." wrote:

> Hey Mark, When I built and restored Darth Vair in 1996, My goal was to
> have a modified original six cylinder Corsa to drive, compete in Corvair
> shows and speed events and attend and compete in "Hot Rod" shows,
> Multi-Marque shows and charity Cruise-ins. I think Corvair original six
> cylinder
> models can compete just fine if they are modified to show a muscle car look
> !!! <GGG>
> Bragging ???? HELL Yes.
>
> Chuckster