<VV> some POR-15 facts

Jim Burkhard burkhard@rochester.rr.com
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 00:48:34 -0400

Hank-

Good story and a well-needed caution, but one thing might mislead people...
NONE of the cartridge / filter respirator masks will protect you in an
environment when isocyanate paint is being sprayed. If paints of that sort
(many of them these days... Clear coats, catlyzed enamel, urethanes,
polyurethnaes, etc...) are being sprayed, you MUST use a supplied-air
respirator. These are the ones that force feed you fresh air from outside
the painting area. They are available and they aren't all that expensive.
Go in with a friend and buy one & share it.  I lend mine out to guys whom I
mooch other tools from. Even when spraying non-catalyzed paint, it's so much
better...

Spray & play safely...

Jim Burkhard