<VV> Bench Bleeding

Richard Tyson the.tysons@comcast.net
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:33:16 -0700

I've now been working over two days to bench bleed a new dual cylinder master
cylinder for my '65 Monza.  I've been told (numerous times) that it takes
longer than one thinks to remove all air and I have carefully watched the
plastic tubes running from the outlet ports to the reservoirs.  I get a couple
of piston strokes with no bubbles and then a few bubbles appear.  How do I
know when I'm done?  I've been using slow, complete piston strokes and
allowing the piston to slowing return.  In total, I've probably spend 2-3
hours moving that piston.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I'm reaching the point of
physical exhaustion!

Rick T.