<VV> Engine Seal - VW Type II?

YENBAT@aol.com YENBAT@aol.com
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:43:41 EDT

In a message dated 7/9/04 10:01:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
blaines@infowest.com writes:
Corvair Fiends,

Several years ago, someone mentioned to me that a VW Type II engine
shrouding seal would work on a Corvair.  At least I think that's what it
was.  Has anyone tried this?  Does it work well?  I went into my FLAP dealer
here and asked for a "VW Type II engine seal" and the guy looked at me like
I was from a different planet.

What is the technical name for this part, and is this the correct part?  Is
there a website where I can order one online?

Thanks,

Blaine

Go in and ask for the perimeter seal from a 1977 Type II (Bus)   That will
get you the right one.

My experience was on an early...  worked great   installed in about 20 min.

I imagine it would work on a late too. Anybody ever done that?

Tim Abney

Proud Member of
International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 501
Life Member McHenry County Illinois VietNow
Member American Legion Post #777 - San Bernardino, CA
Member Society of the First Infantry Division (Big Red One)
KLIK - Lai Khe, RVN - 1967-68
Corsa Member
I.E.C.C. President
1965 Corvair Monza Coupe - Valley Vairs Cover Car January 2003 - 2nd Edition
1964 Corvair Monza 4 Door - Back burner project
1961 Corvair Lakewood Wagon - Starting restoration
1962 Corvair 700 4 Door - Very Solid - Gone to a good home

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of iuoe%20logo.jpg]