<VV> Corvair healthy, Caddy sick

Jim Bannister jimster1@earthlink.net
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:05:16 -0700

Hi All,

I'd like get some advice for a problem that I've discovered with my newly
acquired '69 Cadillac Convertible.  The distributor is stuck to the block.
I think it's a bad case of aluminum\cast iron corrosion.  I've sprayed with
PB blaster and pried and pounded to no degree of success.  It's stuck fast
and won't budge.  Are there any ideas short of sawing it off and chiseling
the remainder out?  BTW, my Corvair has never given me any grief.  I reserve
the Corvair for short range crusin' and was hoping the Cadillac would be my
long range driver.  So far only a hanger queen.

Thanks in Advance for any advice.

Jim B.

'66 turbovert

'69 Boat anchor