<VV> 140 carb problem

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:26:28 -0500

Heads are (basically) interchangeable - side to side.  So, the left primary
is closer to the rear of the car.  The right primary is toward the front of
the car.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR
----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Colvill" <martincolvill@peoplepc.com>
To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 1:12 PM
Subject: <VV> 140 carb problem

> OK, i feel kinda dumb but I have never dealt with 4 carbs before, just the
normal 2 until I got my '66 Corsa. am trying to sync the primaries, then the
secondaries but am stumped. The left primary has no choke plate whereas the
right primary does. The left secondary has a choke plate but the right one
doesn't. I have looked in my shop manuals trying to find a top down view of
how the carbs should look but to no avail. Can anyone help?!
> Am I wrong or does it sound like my description is of a secondary in the
wrong place or vise-versa? If you can help please email me direct as that
will get to me faster than the VV postings I get.