<VV> Should I use solid copper spark plug wires?

Derek Archer eggman@owt.com
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:00:57 -0700

the subject pretty much is self explanatory. Our local club's master
mechanic swears by solid copper wires. I have normal resistance wires
in my two corvairs because that is what they had when I bought them. I
have seen claims that solid copper wires play absolute havoc with your
radio and can even set off explosives if you drive past a construction
site. I want as much spark as I can get to keep my engines running
smoothly. Should I use solid wires even though people say to keep them
off the road?