<VV> Steve update

AeroNed@aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:33:19 EDT

Terry Kalp and myself went to visit the MAUM pilot, Steve Ziegler, in the
hospital today. We went baring gifts, a set of 60 degree offset wrenches. Steve
is a Corvair mechanic in training and is collecting the necessary tools. The
offset wrenches are perfect for getting to the fan idler nut and bolt. We
wrapped them in yellow ribbon (Steve is planning on painting the MAUM yellow) and
fake fall leaves (Steve is convinced that Terry and I are putting leaves in his
front vents. We wouldn't do that).

He's very worried about the pump overhaul tomorrow. I told him to just opt
for the electric pump and he will have no worries. Since Steve is an early guy,
he going to get the manual pump repaired, the way God intended. Smitty would
be proud.

Seriously though, Steve's daughter is going to print out some VV posts for
him to read during his recovery, is that dedication or what?

Ned Madsen
1966 Corvair Corsa 140
CORSA Member since 2000
Mid Continent Corvair Association - President