<VV> Steve update

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:29:58 -0700

At 11:33 hours 07/15/2004 -0400, AeroNed@aol.com wrote:
>Terry Kalp and myself went to visit the MAUM pilot, Steve Ziegler, in the
>hospital today. We went baring gifts, a set of 60 degree offset wrenches.
Steve
>is a Corvair mechanic in training and is collecting the necessary tools. The
>offset wrenches are perfect for getting to the fan idler nut and bolt. We

The offset 9/16 is also handy for getting to those belhousing bolts behind
the heater hose spigots.

>wrapped them in yellow ribbon (Steve is planning on painting the MAUM
yellow) and
>fake fall leaves (Steve is convinced that Terry and I are putting leaves
in his
>front vents. We wouldn't do that).

Brass screen, glued to the underside of the front cowl vent with RTV.

>He's very worried about the pump overhaul tomorrow. I told him to just opt
>for the electric pump and he will have no worries. Since Steve is an early
guy,
>he going to get the manual pump repaired, the way God intended. Smitty would
>be proud.

No electric pumps, rebuild the manual pump and all will be well.  Manual
pumps worked well for decades and with a simple overhaul they'll go again,
for just as long.       Here's to good luck and getting the old chassis
back on the roads again.

>Seriously though, Steve's daughter is going to print out some VV posts for
>him to read during his recovery, is that dedication or what?

Yep.

Everybody get together their best tech tips...   ;)

tony..