<VV> Re: Oil Pressure Switch

Delta Inc deltainc@grm.net
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:24:46 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <Sethracer@aol.com>
To: <vairologist@juno.com>; <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
 On a street car, with a standard oil system, the light would stay
> on during start-up, until the pressure came up. A hot idle might show a
glow as
> well. - Seth Emerson
**********
Hey, Sethman the Entrruepmanuer ... er... businessman.
Why don't you make up a little kit with some jumpers and maybe a relay ...
to sell to us that allows easy spinning up your engine with a push button,
then when oil pressure is achieved, turn on the ignition switch ....

heck, I herebye order one right now ... make that three of them ....

shucks, even my Allis Chalmers has a serparate starter whizzer button and
ignition switch.

I guess this could be 30 feet of wire and a toggle switch, but you could
jazz it up with an oil gauge and/or a light bulb in the toggle switch that
lit up when oil pressure is achieved, or a buzzer that stops when pressure
is up. 7 or 10 pounds would do nicely for a street car

raise my order to 4 of them ....
Regards, ken campbell, " need gauges and gadgets " in iowuh.