<VV> Re: oil filter/ Belt

Tareece@aol.com Tareece@aol.com
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:40:17 EDT

Excellant post. I should have remembered the rear end collision and the
settling aspect...But oddly enough, neither happened to me...The reason I know
about oilfilters and back end of the engine compartment is that when I was
younger...well, the story is irrevellant...the actions are though....
   As I was being catapulted (travelling no less than 50 mph) from a culvert
(BTW, the world looks a bit weird travellin in a Corvair 15-20 ft above the
earth) and then my prixze came back to earth like a Joey Chitwood Special, the
impact shoved the engine to the rear of the compartment cracking the oil filter
bracket and crushing the Filter itself. It left a 1 inch dent in the rear
compartment...Other than that damage, it only severed the gear shifter rod at the
connection to the transmission...
   I simply checked her out (BTW, a beautiful AZTEC BRONZE with just a touch
of gold flake), talked to the owner of the yard that I used as a LZ,
reconnected the shifter, started her up, moved her out of the guys yard, cussed out the
idi---(ohhh yeah....not important...), left her there til I could repair the
oil leak...

In a message dated 7/16/2004 4:04:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,