<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #748 - 11 msgs

RoboMan91324@aol.com RoboMan91324@aol.com
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:08:17 EDT

Hi Mark,

It very well could be that the problem you have with the top needing to be
forced to latch to the header is due to a sagging body.  However, it could also
be due to the habit some people have of leaving the top down unless the car is
being driven in the rain.  The material of the top will shrink over time if
not stretched.  The stretching occurs when the top is up and latched.

Doc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a message dated 7/15/2004 9:38:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:
Message: 7
From: "Mark J. Murphy" <m.j.murphy@comcast.net>
To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Subject: Re: <VV>  sagging convertibles
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:54:41 -0400

Another good indicator of bad shape is in the operation of the top.  The top
on my '63 (cancer victim) seems to jump off of the header when released, and
needs to be fought back down to make it latch.  If it gets much worse I'll have
to gain some weight as I already have to hang full body weight on it to
get the hooks to reach.  She's not long for this world...
      ,-----___\----,    Mark Murphy
      \--(o)----(o)--'  Derry, NH, USA
    http://m.j.murphy.home.comcast.net