<VV> re: 110 ignition timing

Marc Sheridan sheridanma@adelphia.net
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:26:04 -0400

Thanks for all the great ideas guys! Yes, I guess I really did know that I
was masking the real problem, but I didn't know what direction to go. Now I
do, thanks to help from this wonderful list.

For the record, I am running 93 octane gas and the hose for the VA is
connected to the vertical port on the right carb. The carbs were recently
balanced,  somewhat following the procedure in the shop manual (I used a
Uni-syn instead of the vac guage).

I will now look at the operation of the VA and determine if it needs
repaired or replaced and maybe retard the initial timing, if the VA is ok.
I'll let the list know the outcome.

Marc Sheridan