<VV> Re: Re: GAS CAP EXPLAINED>>KINDA(NO VAIR THANK GOD!)

Gary Swiatowy mopar@jbcs2.net
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 21:53:54 -0400

> From: N2VZD@aol.com
> Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 17:10:49 EDT
> To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
> Subject: <VV> Re: GAS CAP EXPLAINED>>KINDA(NO VAIR THANK GOD!)
>
> a few of might not have understood my gas cap post.the cars with "obdll
> computer systems have sensors , solenoids and other stuff related to gas
tank
> venting. if you have key on or engine running on most cars newer than 96,
a loose
> gas cap   will set a code in computer turning on the check engine light
and
> maybe damaging other parts involved.  thank god corvairs dont have that
stuff.
> i got a code once because gas cap was slightly loose...   regards tim
colson

As of September first the new OBII test will be come part of NY state
vehicle inspection. This will open a whole new can of worms and expense for
the residents of NY. If that check engine light is on, car will not pass
inspection, plain and simple, until the problem is fixed. It also scans the
computer for performance records of the emissions system. This is for 1996
and newer vehicles........................thank god for our Corvairs and
other classic cars, it may be all we have left to drive.

Great fun

Gary Swiatowy