<VV> Thermister door

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:06:18 -0700

That is not a thermister door --> thermister is the temp sensor on the left
head.  It is a door for cooling.  It is controlled by liquid filled baffle
arrangement.  When it fails it sticks open.  You likely need a new one.  I
would check first that all the rods are in place :-)  They are getting hard
to find new ones now, but several vendors sell used ones.

At 11:49 AM 7/18/2004, Louis DeRobertis wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Is it normal on a 180 for one of the thermister doors to always be
>open?  The one on the driver's side on my Corsa is always open - the other
>one only opens when the car gets hot (which is what I thought they should
>both do).  Something amiss somewhere?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Lou

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)
(720) 339-4765          Cell

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html