<VV> Another rookie question...

Louis DeRobertis louis@suffolknet.org
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:04:46 -0400

I've had my Corsa for a year now and it's been nothing but a pleasure.
Now that the honeymoon has ended - I've noticed drips on the driveway -
nothing major - just a little oil that seems to collect on the lower
shroud.  I know that the P.O. put on an Otto oil pan and redid the
gasket before I purchased the car - and it doesn't look as if it's
coming from there.  I pulled the lower driver's side shroud today (my
thermostat is definitely bad - damper door stays open and nothing was
obstructing it) and I noticed some oil collected on the shroud.  I'm
not sure if the O-rings were ever replaced (the car only had 41,000
miles on it - only about 41,500 now) - but since I keep reading about
that being a source of oil leaks - I'm a little suspicious.  Does this
leak sound like an O-Ring leak?

Thanks again,

Lou