<VV> Canadian content (Humour)

NOSVAIR@aol.com NOSVAIR@aol.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:46:47 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/2004 6:52:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:

> There is no such thing, at least not on the six-cylinder Corvairs. I have
> >heard that there was a special air-conditioning engine mount on the
> >Canadian four-cylinder models.
> >
> >Bruce

  These highly covetted models remain illusive to collectors here in the
Great White North.  We're sure they exist as we've heard numerous accounts of them
being previously owned by relatives of serious old car guys (usually from the
Rambler American Club).  After years of searching I got what I thought was a
good lead on one...but it turned out to be a 66 Corsa 140 with 2 holed
pistons.  Alas, it's feared all have been sent to the great boneyard in the sky long
ago (after they were banned from the road in 1966 by David Suzuki). About all
that remains of a ultra-torquey 4 cylinder CANADIAN Corvair is the rare
snowplow option available in 1960 (See Bill Thomas car).

Bruce (is your name not Bruce?) Webster