<VV> Oil out the Dipstick

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:00:49 -0600 (MDT)

I know that this usually happens from to much crankcase pressure.  Well my
newly installed ULTRA 110 in my 63 is really blowing vast quantities out
the dipstick
tube.  I have never had this problem before even with tired engines.  What
can be done to slow this down?  When I put it in I had the top
cover off, cleaned it, and all the PCV tubes so they are clear.  As I
recall It can be somewhat alleviated by cutting the tube off flush with
the case inside inside the oil pan.  What else?  I have in my garage a
brand new 215 V8 engine for my 62 Buick to assemble, so I am not in the
mood nor
have the time to take this one apart yet... just want to get through a
couple months of daily driving without pouring oil on the ground.

-Geoff Johnson
63 Monza Cp
66 Corsa Cp
62 Buick Special Cnvt