<VV> Carb issues / chokes / lumpy idle

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:31:15 EDT

In a message dated 07/21/2004 9:30:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ncwitte@wittelaw.com writes:

> So how
> do I adjust it to open the choke more?  Bend the tang on the throttle lever
> back?  What about the lumpy idle that seems to continue after the car is
> warmed up?
>
> Norm

Choke rods are threaded...pull the clip...screw the rod into sleeve coming
out of head...leaner...summer time COLD  head...1/8"  gap from closed...winter
time  adjust to fully closed..

Lumpy idle???    After warmup......screw idle MIXTURE screw all the way
in...does engine die??   it's OK...

if not...fuel / float level is too high....allowing gas to be sucked in thru
mainjet at idle...[  siphoning effect]

Matt