<VV> Carb issues

corvairs lonwall@corvairunderground.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:36:26 -0700

Norm - Forgive me, but there a number of people who do a good job
rebuilding Corvair carbs. I don't know who you bought them from, but
that really may not be the issue. Keep in mind that any rebuilder
(including Grant) is dealing with 40+ year old cores. Any rebuilder who
will claim "perfection 100% of the time" is asking to fall on thier
face. There are various internal things that can happen to these carbs
that are virtually undetectable in the rebuilding process. This
situation will not get better as the cores get older.

The best any rebuilder can do is be honest with thier customers and
explain that there will be a small percentage of rebuilt carbs that just
are not going to work when installed and that rebuilder should have an
efficient warranty program to replace them. The suggestions here on VV,
so far, are very useful. But in the end if they don't fix the problem
AND if the problem is proven as carb-related, you may have to ask the
rebuilder for a replacement. Lon

www.corvairunderground.com